January 28, 2011

Fished my wish!


You know, when you get what you are asking for while playing "Go Fish"? Well, I got my winter wonderland after all! We ended up getting about 10 inches of snow, which wouldn't mean much to folks in Utah, but out here on the East Coast I guess snow plows and good drivers are in short supply. As much as the power outages, abandoned cars, closed businesses, and lots of shoveling agitated most people, I was in heaven! I LOVE the snow! I guess it reminds me of happy childhood memories-- sledding with my friends, laughing at yellow snow, building snowmen and forts, eating snow with a little strawberry syrup, no school, hot chocolate, and puzzles and board games with the family.

We finished out the week with no school Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday! (Nothing like getting paid for hanging out at home!) John even got off work early Wednesday and all day Thursday, so it was fun to get to spend some extra time together. Our power has been out since Wednesday so it has been one big sleepover party at my parents' house along with every other kid in the neighborhood without power. Here are a few shots of the beautiful white blanket of snow :)

Samson hanging out with his buddy Toby. He loves the snow almost as much as I do!
John digging us out of our white jungle

No comments: