January 26, 2011

SNOW DAY!

There's nothing a child loves more than an unscheduled day off of school, and let me tell you, teachers MIGHT just even love it more! Boy did I miss these in Utah. I couldn't believe last year I had to wake up in a white winter wonderland, shower, get dressed, dig out my car, and go to school. I would have much preferred to play in the snow or drink hot chocolate while curled up to a good movie. Anyway, good old Maryland, you never disappoint. Today is snow day 2 of 2011. It's not much of a beautiful winter wonderland outside, but I'm definitely not complaining!! I'm just crossing my fingers for another "Snomagedon" like the East Coast Winter of 2010.

Baby girl is growing very large, along with my bump, which I would consider more of a beach ball. The other day a friendly ghetto janitor at my school commented, "Dang girl, you gettin' big!" I guess that's what's suppose to happen so maybe I should be happy that baby is getting all the nutrients...plus a little cookie dough...that she needs. Last night John and I took a hospital tour to start getting prepared for the big delivery! It was good to hear about what would be happening and see the different areas, but I have to admit I left a little teary eyed, scared of what is to come. But, IT'S TOO LATE TO TURN BACK NOW!!! So I better toughen up. Well, here are some lovely fatty lady pictures for you all to get your kicks and giggles. Enjoy!



Here I am at 30 weeks for both pictures







Can't you tell I'm excited?

While my belly is getting rounder, John and Dave have been working hard on making theirs flatter. They are doing Calleva's annual "fat camp" and are dragging themselves to the gym every morning. Hopefully John will be in tip top shape when baby comes so his arms don't get too tired from all that middle of the night rocking he will have to do.

John's little brother Michael recently left for his Mission so of course the boys had to go on several late night escapades before he left. Here are some fun pictures of them caving in West Virginia:

8 comments:

Devin & Rebecca said...

You look wonderful! You are such a cute pregnant woman. We're so excited for you two!

Tabitha said...

so cute! You are a pregnant fashionista! Don't worry the labor is not that bad! You can do it! And I swear the instant the baby is out the pain stops, and like an hour later you will have forgotten about the pain and be telling people "It wasn't that bad, I'll totally do it again."

Elisabeth said...

Snow day? What's that? I would have loved a few of those while going to BYU. Hahaha...
Awe! I'm so excited for you guys! You look great Rach. I miss you so much and I can't wait for your little girl to get here :)

Meesh-L said...

rach you are SO CUTE

Sarah said...

I hope you get a lot more snow days so you can relax :) You look great!!! I already miss that special time of being pregnant and having him inside me.

Bonnie Hines said...

You look so cute! I am so excited and happy for you! I know you guys will have the cutest little baby. :)

Fletch said...

ohhhh I like the new blog makeover & the photo I took of you looks extra cute!

Rachael said...

Thanks girls! You are too good for the ego! I think I'm going to go sledding tonight, nothing like a little adventure at 30 weeks right?? Don't worry, I'll take it easy :)