December 16, 2010

So Sweet!

No, not cute little cuddly baby items, but sweet, savory, delicious pork!!! I love love love being home. And to be quite honest, besides a few close friends, there isn't much I miss about being in Utah. BUT-- one thing I have to admit I do miss is good ole' Cafe Rio (Costa Vida makes a pretty good runner up). I guess pregnancy is known to bring on ridiculous cravings, hence my costco pickle jar. But lately, John and I have both been craving sweet pork salads/burritos. Chipotle is definitely a family favorite here, but its just not the same!


Tuesday night we were having the missionaries over for dinner. What a perfect excuse to cook up a little goodness! So thanks to our friends Erin and James who have perfected the recipe, we made the sweet pork, cilantro-lime rice, and cilantro-lime ranch dressing. Serve up over lettuce =SOOOO GOOOOOD. The elders loved it and John says he could eat it everyday. Too bad we ate all the left overs for lunch on Wednesday. I'm craving it again already!! Thanks E & J!!

2 comments:

Erin and James Sweeney said...

YOU'RE WELCOME! We love you guys! Maybe we should've held out giving you the recipe and maybe you would've come out to Utah ;)

Anonymous said...

what about us? we loved it too!! -F&S