October 28, 2013

Off to a Great Start


Of all the years in law school, this is definitely the best. We are loving 3L!  With the pressure off, John has been able to spend lots of time at home with us. We’ve gone on family walks, fun outings to swimming holes and apple orchards, and lots of trips to the park. John is also enjoying his newfound freedom with a few more kayaking trips.





During one of his trips the kids and I escaped to the beach for a few days to celebrate our best pal Fletcher’s first birthday! It was Hunter’s first visit to the beach.




















John and I spent our first weekend away from the kids with 10 of our good law friends to run the RAGNAR race in the Adirondacks. It was a 200 miles relay race from Saratoga Springs to Lake Placid, New York where each runner ran 3 legs. After training all summer I was still pretty nervous since it was my first real race experience.  I didn’t think I could run all of my legs (a total of 11 miles) but I knew I wanted to try.











After running farther than planned, sleeping in the car, pumping breast milk in bathrooms on the road, and hanging out with a bunch of guys, I made it out alive! I was so proud of myself for doing something I never thought I would be able to do. John was my biggest cheerleader as well as a great runner himself! It was a great weekend together.  

No comments: