August 25, 2012

One Year Older

This week I had my 25th birthday! Gosh, I'm definitely starting to feel a bit old. I use to make fun of my mom for forgetting how old she was, but now I have joined the ranks. In my head I think I will forever be 22. John was still busy this week with interviews (which is a goood thing) but we were able to spend a day as a family together in Richmond, about an hour outside of Charlottesville.

We stopped at the Shortpump Outdoor Mall where Addie LOVED playing on the train. She kept peaking out of the window and saying, "Heeelllloo!"



We spent a good part of the day at Maymont Park. We brought boxed lunches from a local favorite, Sally Belle's Kitchen. They were adorable and tasty too!



Addie got to see all kinds of animals; horses, sheep, goats, foxes, owls, chickens, pigs, and even bears! But her very favorite were the "fishies". She especially liked feeding some her leftovers. 




Later on, for my birthday, John took me to pick out a new purse. Then we had dinner with our closest pals in Charlottesville at a yummy Indian restaurant. After that, the party continued with girls night at our favorite yogurt place, Sweet Frog. It was a fun day!


On Wednesday the party continued when we got a surprise visit from Dawn, John's mom. It was fun to spend the day with her at some of our favorite spots like Cook-Out and Greenleaf Park. It was a warm day so Addie stripped down and played in the water with Grammy!





It was a pretty great week and it's safe to say I felt sufficiently loved. I guess if I have to get older, it's okay, as long as I get to be surrounded by family and friends!



1 comment:

Fletch said...

wish i could have been there to celebrate with you!!! i hear you on the 22 year old state of mind... samsies! love seeing pics of A ... so darlingggg