November 18, 2011

All grown up


As I have been thinking about all of Adeline's newest accomplishments I am realizing my little baby girl isn't exactly a baby anymore. We are leaving the infant stage and headed to toddler at full force. It's bitter sweet. I love my sweet happy little snuggle girl and a part of me wishes she would stay that way for ever, but at the same time she is learning so much and watching her grow is very exciting.

Where to begin? It seems like the past two weeks have just been a world wind of new achievements. After about a week of inchworm crawls across the carpet, Addie is now up on all fours crawling like a baby on a mission. This girl is fast and always seems to be headed in the direction of food, or anything that might resemble food, like small scraps of paper!

I guess as she quickly realized that she can be mobile, she has set her sights on even bigger goals like climbing up into standing position on mom, dad, couches, chairs, and her bed. We had to lower her crib after discovering her hanging out over the rails during her supposed nap time. She's still climbing up, but now we aren't worried about her taking a nose dive over the side.

Our friendly girl has also learned to wave, never failing to make some old lady's day every time we visit the grocery store.

This week we went on a play date to the park. We've never taken Addie before because I guess I always thought she was too young and she couldn't actually play. She proved me wrong when I put her in the swing, she absolutely LOVED it!! She smiled and laughed at every push.

Addie recently decided to boycott all baby food, preferring instead to eat whatever is on Mom or Dad's plate. So we ran with it and so now in addition to her bottles, Addie now eats 3 table food meals a day. Yes, a little early, but that's what the girl wants. We give her little pieces of whatever we are having whether its rice, noodles, chicken, roast, biscuits. And when those pieces aren't coming fast enough, she sure lets us know about it. We have got a little monster on our hands already!

I guess all these new accomplishments are really taking a toll on her because the other night at dinner this is what happened....

It's definitely making us rethink her 8 oclock bedtime. 7 maybe???

No comments: